Each object may have up to 6 images directly attached to the object along with a caption for each image.
To add/edit object images open the workfile and click on the Objects tab. Either click Add Object or click an existing Object ID to open an existing object.
CollectorproOnline supports jpg, png, and gif image file formats. Note: By default the iPhone takes images in HEIC format. If you use an iPhone be sure to change the format to jpg prior to taking the images.
Click on the tab 3 – Images (any existing images attached to the current object will be displayed).
Best Practices for Image Management
To ensure consistent report layout, some recommended best practices are:
Image files must be 5mb or less in size – REQUIRED
Images should be taken in the same size – Examples:
1080 x 1080 pixels – Recommended
You’ll see this 1:1 ratio image size used widely across social media, namely Instagram and Facebook posts.
1920 x 1080 pixels
This standard image size is widely seen across high-definition TVs, presentations, and social media cover photos. It follows the 16:9 aspect ratio.
1280 x 720 pixels
This size follows the standard high definition format featured in photography and film. It fits the 16:9 aspect ratio.
Edit and update orientation for all images in your preferred image editor prior to adding images to objects and comparables.
Report Size Considerations – The size of the images files affects the size of the appraisal report (Word document) and PDF. The larger the image size, the larger the report file will be. The smaller the image size, the smaller the report file will be and easier to deliver electronically (as Word document or PDF).
Add an Image to an Object
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the folder on your computer where you have the images stored
- Click on the desired image file
- Click the Open button (the image will be displayed)
- Enter the image caption (optional)
- Click the Upload button
- Repeat for up to 6 objects
- When finished, click the Add to Object List button to save the object changes to the Object list
- When done adding and editing Objects, click the Save button to save the new Objects and edited Objects